When the unexpected happens, Alumni AD&D Insurance (Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance) can help you be better prepared.
When you consider your family's long-term financial needs — household expenses, child care, saving for college and retirement, — even two-income families can face financial hardship if a wage earner is seriously injured or dies in an accident.
Alumni AD&D Insurance can help provide financial protection in the event of a significant injury or death due to a covered accident. It's not only affordable, it's designed to complement your existing life insurance coverage and help you prepare for your family's financial security.Plan at a Glance:
- Alumni1 up to and including the age of 59 at the time of enrollment who are performing normal activities can choose a benefit amount up to $500,0002 in increments of $10,000.
- Family Coverage: The amount of insurance applicable to family members is expressed as a percentage of the amount the alumni selects:
- Spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependent child or children3 — Spouse: 50% of alumni amount. Each child: 10% of alumni amount.
- Spouse/domestic partner and no eligible dependent child or children3 — Spouse: 60% of alumni amount.
- No Spouse/domestic partner but eligible dependent child or children3 — Each child: 10% of alumni amount.
- Coverage can continue up to age 80.
- This plan will pay additional benefits if you die while:
For details and conditions about these benefits, follow the link to the FAQs.
- Seat Belt(s) in use
- Air Bag(s) in use
- Traveling on a common carrier (i.e., commercial airline) The plan also provides the following additional benefits:4
- Child Care
- Child Education
- Hospital Confinement
- Spouse Education
- Brain Damage
- Presumption of Death
- Common Disaster
Download our FAQs and exclusions and limitations for more details on Alumni AD&D Insurance.