AlumniDI Disability Insurance (AlumniDI) can help protect your most valuable asset — your ability to earn an income. Just over 1 in 4 of today's 20-year-olds will become disabled before they retire.* Are you prepared if something happened to you? AlumniDI can provide a monthly income should you become disabled under the terms of the policy and unable to work at your own occupation.1Plan at a Glance:
- Alumni2 up to and including the age of 59 at the time of application who work full-time (at least 30 hours per week) may apply for up to $10,000 per month, in $100 increments.3
Please Note: Disability benefits may not exceed 50% of average monthly earnings, less any employer plans you have in force. Average monthly earnings include salary or wages, and commissions.
- Pays benefits if you're disabled under the terms of the policy due to sickness or accidental injury and are unable to perform each of the material duties of your own occupation1 while receiving appropriate care and treatment from a licensed physician.
- Choose from 60-day, 90-day, or 180-day Elimination Periods (EP).
- Monthly benefits are payable for the lesser of 5 years or the reducing benefit duration (for accidental injury or sickness).
For details about the reducing benefit duration, follow the link to the FAQs.
- Valuable built-in features:
For details and conditions about these features, follow the link to the FAQs.
- Survivor Benefit – Pays 3 times the last monthly benefit paid in the event of the disabled member's death.
- Waiver of Premium – Disability insurance premiums waived while benefits are being paid.
- Family Care Incentive – Provides reimbursement for eligible family care expenses (e.g., child care, elder care) if you work or participate in an approved rehabilitation program while disabled.
- Rehabilitation Program Incentive – Increases benefit payments when you participate in an approved rehabilitation program while disabled.
- Work Incentive – Up to 100% of your pre-disability earnings may be received if you work while disabled.
For additional details about Work Incentive, follow the link to the FAQs.
- Moving Expense Incentive – Reimbursement for expenses associated with moving to a new residence if recommended as part of an approved rehabilitation program.
Download our FAQs and exclusions and limitations for more details on AlumniDI Insurance.